9ICE [ABOLORE ADEGBOLA AKANDE]
RELEASE DATE: 12-07-11
TAYOTV EDITOR’S RATING: 8.5/10
1. 9ice VS TuFace Idibia (9/10)
Very beautiful song; not just because it’s titled beautiful but the song is awesome, 9ice lyrics and his delivery on here shows us how he appreciates life while 2face came correct and he reminded us why he’s one of the best in the music industry. Positve music, great production – there’s no way you won’t be forced to hit the replay button.
2. 9ice VS VIP(7/10) – Ok song! so typical – meaning something you should expect from African musicians! Love tune, Sweet Melody!! No Biggie..
3. 9ice VS Wizkid (8.5/10) – When you have a Dancehall beat it’s only right for you to put Wizkid on the hook he kills it all the time and not only that, his lyrics on here was on point. 9ice delivery was weak i expected a lil more from him especially on a track with Wizkid..Dope hook!!
4. 9ice VS Banky W (5/10) – Senseless song! Both 9ice and Banky kept repeating their lyrics, i was expecting something better from Banky just because he’s BANKY W. They should both be punished for wasting the beat.
5.9ice (8.5/10) – Very dope song, this is the 9ice we knew in the days of his first and second album. Very original, interesting story line to it also. Another thing is that you can’t help but move to the beat, the beat sounds like what Ebenezer Obey will go off on.. Great production!
6. 9ice VS Kayefi (8/10) – Kayefi went ham as expected; powerful message behind the song. its all about letting go of the past! i wonder who 9ice was subbing if you have problems letting go > Listen to 9ice vs Kayefi with a bottle of Hennessy.
7. 9ice VS Tiwa Savage (7/10) – 9ice coming together with Tiwa Savage is one cute song for the lovers out there..It’s ok to say Tiwa’s sexual appeal speaking Yoruba is a plus, nothing special about the track though, you can find yourself pushing the next(skip) button when the song comes on though.
8. 9ice VS Psquare (8.5/10) – One thing that gets you with this track is the beat and the production, 9ice Vs Psquare gives you some type of motivation, Psquare is written all over the track: sounds like something they will do but with a love story behind it. If you are listening to 9ice for the first time you’ll think he’s a Gospel artist.
9. 9ice VS Timaya (7.5/10) – 9ice Vs Timaya is for shallow minds; ego booster that’s what i’ll call it..i can bet 9ice wrote Timaya’s verse i mean he wasn’t screaming dem mama n dem papa..Pretty decent tune.
10.9ice VS Seriki (6.5/10) – Catchy tune with his label mate.. Seriki did justice i mean we already know he’s a comedian.
11. 9ice VS Kwa Kese(7.5/10) – First the beat gets you moving then the marvelous hook…the noise Kwa Kese is making in the background made the song even better..Tunes like this you have no choice but to actually like especially when you dont understand what Kwa Kese is talking about but he’s flowing..
12.9ice VS Duncan Mighty (8/10) – 9ice went political with Duncan Mighty, you can’t go wrong when you have the port harcourt first son on your song. We all know the political system in Nigeria is terrible so 9ice talking about it shows us a different side of Adigun.
13. 9ice VS MI (7/10) – Subliminal track from 9ice and MI, if you don’t know about the beef between Ruggedman and 9ice; here’s a track warning Ruggedman and his crew, we all know 9ice is all about the street, MI came through with very cheap flows, nursery rhymes not really impressed felt like someone like Sauce Kid would have done better on the beat. Decent song for the street!
14. 9ice VS Mode9 (8/10) – Probably the realest tune on the album, they both went nut on the beat.. You gotta love the beat, some crazy production done here also. We all know that Mode9 is one the best lyricist in Nigeria so 9ice VS Mode9 = Yoruba Lyricist + English Lyricist coming together. Another one for the street!
15. 9ice VS Kwam1 (8.5/10) – Another classic tune from two different artists from different generations; Calm music, Positive music and most importantly Matured Music!!
16. 9ice VS Dagrin (9/10) – Classic song on the versus album, you don’t have to speak Yoruba to understand the concept of the song; #Warning!!! Dagrin came correct, his rhymes were on point, there’s no way you won’t rap along when his part comes on.. #RIPAKOGUN
17. 9ice Vs Wizboy (6/10) – Decent!!
18. 9ice VS Ajayi Brovas (5/10) – Bad Remix!!