TIMAYA/ DEM MAMA SOLDIERS
ALBUM:L.L.N.P [LONG LIFE ‘N’ PROSPERITY]
LABEL:DEM MAMA RECORDS
RELEASE DATE: 12-07-11
TAYOTV EDITOR’S RATING: 4.5/10
1.LLNP Intro 7/10: Sounds like a full track to me, Beat is on point just like the same old Timaya we know. I like the fact that he shouted out dead artists, asides that track is basic.
2.Dem No like Me 5.5/10: A remake of Ras Kimono’s “Dem No like me”….Nothing special about this song asides from the fact that he re-did Ras Kimono’s song.
3.Upgrade 4/10: Sounds like the same Timaya….Flow and lyrics are off. Track is below par. 5/10
4.Different Style 6.5/10: Now this is not really different from what we are used to, but the tempo of the beat makes it different and I see a lot of Timaya fans relating to this track. Download
5.Wa Bamijo 6/10: I like the fact that he tried to relate to his Yoruba fans but I feel like he could have used a Yoruba artist for the hook, someone like wizkid, 9ice or even Dammy Krane maybe Davido…concept nice but artist was off with the Yoruba.
6.RAZZ 3/10: Track is so BLEH…sounds like the typical Timaya singing about what he has materially.
7. Celebration 7/10: This track reminds me of the Timaya songs I fell in love with. I like the beat and the lyrics are on point too.
8.Born Throway 5/10: Sound like the same old Timaya still singing about his achievements and not trying to relate to his fans.
9. Jekamalo 6/10: Reminds me of Plantashun boiz or sty-plus from back in those days, track is still Basic, hook could have been better as the main verses of the song were so off. 6/10
10.Not all Friends 3/10: I don’t have nothing to say about this track than to give it 3/10
12. Replay 3/10: there is something about this track that reminds me of Tuface but just like the rest of the tracks, its just basic. There is nothing catchy or mind blowing about it.
13. Hustle Everyday 6/10: This is one of those tracks i believe would grow in you after a couple of listens. Not a bad tune to meditate to. Download
14. My Model 4/10: Upbeat track, not a party banger or a catchy tune either but still not Timaya’s best track. He has done and can do better.
15. She no Mind: 5/10
16. All the way: 5/10
17. Sololi 6/10: Nice track, after listening to the first 16 tracks I did not expect to like any other track on this album, but this track is not bad.
18. Happy Happy: 5/10
19.No Easy: 5/10
20. Another Man work another man chop 5/10: this sounds like the same Timaya, same rhythm just different lyrics.
Overall I will give the cd a 4.5/10. I was expecting something new and diverse from Timaya. He only succeeded in replicating the only style we know him for.